Research and Program Evaluation
Coaching, Technical and Implementation Assistance
Learning Crest is an educational services firm with deep experience in leadership, instructional improvement, research, and evaluation services. Collectively, Learning Crest partners Roger Goddard and Greg Cameron have studied what makes professional development effective and have designed and delivered professional development and research services for education organizations around the world for decades. Our work is strongly research based and guided by Roger and Greg’s extensive experience as K-12 teachers, school and district leaders, researchers and professional development leaders.
Learning Crest serves schools, school districts, intermediate education agencies, professional associations, and government agencies at all levels in the following areas:
- Leadership training for instructional improvement
- Assessment of school leadership, climate and instructional practice
- Program Evaluation – Research – Instrument Design and Testing
- Instructional rounds
- Leadership coaching
- School improvement team coaching and guidance
- Collaboration for instructional improvement
- Differentiated instructional practices
- Educational Technology
- Literacy Instruction
Learning Crest staff have:
- Evaluated the performance of the largest 3rd party vendor serving one of the largest school districts in the U.S. for six years;
- Provided effective leadership and instructional improvement services to tens of thousands of U.S. and international school leaders;
- Provided custom leadership and school climate diagnostic assessment data to schools in the U.S. and around the world;
- Used survey data to produce custom reports for schools for use in school improvement planning and implementation;
- Widely published original research on leadership, teacher collaboration, collective efficacy and student learning;
- Developed surveys of school climate and leadership for use in school improvement;
- Written successful grant applications to federal, state, and local government agencies both in the U.S. and internationally.
Recent Projects and Publications:
Selected Recent Projects
Columbia Gorge Education Service District, Oregon, Instructional Rounds Training and Support, 2016-2017
Camelot Education, Annual Evaluation of Program Outcomes for Students in Houston Independent School District, 2013-2016
Selected Recent Publications
University Herald (2017, April 6). Social capital: The key to successful schools by spending less. Retrieved April 13, 2017 from http://www.universityherald.
TrustED (2017, April 5). Study: Social capital, community engagement boost student achievement. Retrieved April 5, 2017 from http://trustedk12.com/study-social-capital/
Goddard, Y. L., Goddard, R. D., Cameron, G. (2016). The importance of leadership to teacher collaboration, collective efficacy and
achievement. *Horizon: Thought Leadership, 3, *4-5.